Kersal Wetlands: Stuart Everett believed to be victim in Salford human remains investigation

Kersal Wetlands: Stuart Everett believed to be victim in Salford human remains investigation

A man believed to be the victim after a torso was found in a Salford nature reserve has been named as Stuart Everett.

Police said DNA samples had been sent for urgent analysis to formally confirm the victim’s identity.

Mr Everett, 67, lived in the local area.

A major investigation started after the torso, wrapped in plastic, was found at Kersal Dale Wetlands on 4 April.

More remains were discovered at the weekend in the Greater Manchester area – at Blackleach Reservoir and Colliery Wood, and on Monday in an alleyway in Eccles.

Police said they were confident the remains all belong to the same person.

Michal Jaroslaw Polchowski, 68, and Marcin Majerkiewicz, 42, from Eccles, were yesterday charged with murder.

More on Greater Manchester

They are due to appear at Manchester Crown Court this morning.

The discovery of the torso four weeks ago – consisting of the bottom of the back, buttocks and thigh – prompted a large search for other remains to try to identify the victim.

Police and forensic officers at Kersal Dale.
Pic: PA
A torso was found at Kersal Dale on 4 April. Pics: PA

Read more from Sky News:
Sword-wielding man arrested after ‘stabbing’ people and police
King returns to public duties for first time since cancer diagnosis

Detective Superintendent Lewis Hughes said specially-trained officers were supporting Mr Everett’s family.

“On behalf of Stuart’s loved ones, I ask the public and the press to please respect their wishes for peace and privacy while they process this most devastating news,” he said.

Follow Sky News on WhatsApp
Follow Sky News on WhatsApp

Keep up with all the latest news from the UK and around the world by following Sky News

Tap here

“My officers and detectives, alongside additional resources from across the force, have worked tirelessly over the last three days to secure charges.”

Detective Superintendent Hughes thanked the public for their help and said police would leave no stone unturned “to find answers for Stuart’s family”.