Two more people have come forward to the BBC with allegations against Russell Brand, the corporation has said.
The two complaints were made in the two-month period since the BBC launched a review into the comedian’s behaviour.
BBC News reports that the three other complaints were made before he was publicly accused of rape and sexual assault in September.
An updated on the BBC review into Brand’s conduct that was published on Tuesday says the complaints include “allegations of inappropriate conduct in the workplace, including urinating in bottles in a BBC studio; alleged inappropriate use of BBC cars and further allegations of conduct in and around the studio falling below the standards expected of someone engaged by the BBC”.
It brings the total number of complaints made directly to the corporation against Brand to five.
The report update added that the investigation is “in no way complete” but “it would appear that no disciplinary action was taken against Russell Brand during his engagement with the BBC in 2006-8 prior to his departure from the BBC”.
The five complaints include two individuals who raised complaints and concerns between 2006 and 2008, when Brand was employed at the corporation, and again after he left the BBC.
The complaints also include an allegation of misconduct in LA in 2008.
Brand’s use of BBC cars was called into question after The Times reported a woman’s claims that the Get Him To The Greek actor used the broadcaster’s car service to pick her up from school when she was 16 so she could visit his home.
The update said: “Due to the passage of time the BBC’s records of car bookings are no longer available.
“This means that we have not been able to identify the precise details of this or any records or details of specific journeys or bookings made for Russell Brand.
“We have spoken to a number of individuals who either had knowledge of the BBC car arrangements at the time, or who drove vehicles for the BBC at or around the time.
“No one we have spoken to so far recalls driving Russell Brand at the time. Our investigations are continuing.”
The BBC had previously said it is looking into allegations from a woman who claims Brand exposed himself to her and then laughed about it afterwards on his Radio 2 show.
The BBC review came after four women made sexual abuse allegations against the star between 2006 and 2013 as part of an investigation by The Times, The Sunday Times and Channel 4’s Dispatches. The Dispatches programme aired on 16 September.
Two police forces as well as Channel 4, where Brand worked as a presenter, are also investigating Brand.
Thames Valley Police previously told Sky News that a woman contacted the force in September with “new information,” and that it was looking into her claims of “harassment and stalking”.
The force said the claims date back to 2018.
Thames Valley Police is the force in charge of Henley-On-Thames in Oxfordshire where Brand lives. He also owns a pub in the area.
The Metropolitan Police also confirmed previously it had received a “number of allegations of sexual offences,” all of them non-recent and said to have occurred in both London and elsewhere in the country.
The Times also said it had been contacted by “several women” with further claims about Brand after the publication of their article, but said their allegations have not yet been investigated and “will now be rigorously checked”.
Brand, 48, denies any allegations against him and said his relationships were “always consensual”.