Jay Leno was seriously burned after one of his cars burst into flames in the garage of his Los Angeles home.
The US comedian, and avid car collector, was taken to hospital with facial burns after the incident.
The 72-year-old former Tonight Show host cancelled a Las Vegas performance scheduled for Sunday night after suffering what was described as “a very serious medical emergency,” People Magazine reported.
“I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire. I am OK. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet,” he said in a statement to Sky News partner, NBC News.